Apparently, my online running buddy Bill thought I was worthy of being nominated for a Liebster Award, which upon further review, is supposed to be an honor. I’m not sure that I’ve ever done a post like this on the blog, where I answer some random questions about myself and I’m not sure I’ll ever do one again, but I figured what the hell on this one. So, here goes nothing…
1. What is your current health related goal?
Currently, I’m taking my foot off the running accelerator a little bit and am really focusing on cross training, strength training, and flexibility for the rest of 2014. I really haven’t taken a break in my running since 2012, and I’m feeling slightly burnt out, so I’m ready for a little break. I’ll still run here and there, but I’m already starting to look forward to January 1 and hitting the ground running (literally) in 2015.
2. What is your biggest irrational fear?
Wow. Tough question. Financial insecurity is really the only fear that I have, and I’m not sure that’s irrational. But as far as I know, I don’t have any random phobias to divulge.
3. Do you enjoy wrapping presents?
I don’t mind wrapping presents, but I’m not a big present guy really. I’d rather spend time with family/friends for holidays/birthdays and not worry about exchanging gifts. It’s so much less stressful when you’re not worried about finding the perfect present.
4. What’s your favorite cross training activity?
Probably yoga. Not sure everyone will call that cross training, but yoga does a body good, and I don’t do enough of it.
5. If I came to visit you, what would we do?
Hmm…go for a run? That’s pretty much the only thing I do for fun these days, and I’m always up for running with a friend.
6. You have 2 weeks off of work and 2 round trip plane tickets to ANYWHERE. Where would you go and who would you take?
Spain. With my wife. And we’d only need one-way tickets.
7. What’s the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you during a run or race?
Nothing too serious. My second marathon I was nursing a bit if ITBS, and it flared up enough that I could barely walk from mile 14 on. I don’t know if being injured counts as embarrassing, but a 6:37 finish time really stings the ego.
8. Tell me the 3 best days of your life. Or at least the first 3 that pop into your mind.
- The wedding
- When Adi was born
- Quitting my day job and taking the leap into entrepreneurialism.
9. Okay, you HAVE to eat a fast food meal. What restaurant would you choose and what would you order?
5 Guys. Cheeseburger, mustard, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms. No bun. Cajun fries.
10. Have you ever met a celebrity?
A couple. I’ve worked in pro baseball for a few spells, so met plenty of MLBers. Also met Jane Goodall at Busch Gardens, which was pretty BA.
11. Share a picture of yourself in non workout clothes!
12. If you could choose to have a ‘do-over’ and switch careers, what would you choose and why?
Something math/science related. An engineer maybe?
13. If you won the Olympic Gold Medal – how do you think you would react?
I’m not sure, but I can promise you it would be LEGENDARY!
14. What do you want for Christmas?
Not much. A few more paying clients would be great, but they can wait until January. Just some quiet, stress free days at home.
Oh, and a baby that sleeps through the night.
15. Nominate 2 Others
Instead of nominating a couple of folks to do a similar post on their blogs, I’ll just throw out an open challenge to anyone that reads this to go ahead and take the challenge on their blog as well.
Thanks for nominating me Bill! One of these days, we are going to have to get together for a beer or a run! (or both?!?)