Stopping to pump breast milk while running (and winning!) an ultra marathon is just another day at the office for Liza Howard. I joined Liza for a few easy miles recently, and we had a pretty awesome conversation.
Liza and I talked about running, of course, but as we both have young kids family and parenthood stories were topics we transitioned into as well. Liza got started in running ultra marathons basically because of the peer pressure of hanging out with other ultra runners and just getting talked into running longer and longer distances. And like I always say, peer pressure is no fun until you give in!
Here are some of the other highlights of our conversation:
- The lessons you can learn while running 100 miles.
- Why it’s virtually impossible to compare ultra distance races, even races of the same distance.
- Planting the seed for eventually running Leadville.
- How she is able to find time to train and race while having two young kids.
- Running becoming a truly family affair.
- Supporting Team RWB as a way to give back to veterans.
- Organizing an annual Trail Running Camp for anyone wanting to learn about/improve at trail running.
- Why I might be dipping my toe into the ultra pool before too much longer.
To keep track of how Liza does with her busy race schedule in 2015, make sure to check out her blog and follow along with her racing.
And to find out more about Team RWB, check out their website http://teamrwb.org
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
Interested in the 2015 Virtual Running Summit?
Please visit the summit page so I can share updates and information with you.
Join Me on a Live Webinar
Every Tuesday at 9 pm, I spend about an talking about different ways to help you become a better runner. Sign up/get more details by clicking here.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!