Maggie Guterl isn’t the type of person to blow her own horn and brag about her accomplishments, but she is a machine when it comes to ultra distance running.
When I asked Maggie about being a guest on the show, she said she’d do it but didn’t think she was necessarily worthy but that couldn’t be any further from the truth!
To be blunt, Maggie is an absolute beast!
While running for Team USA, she finished 4th at the World Championships and played a huge part in securing a team gold in the women’s 24 hour event. That right there is impressive enough on it’s own, never mind all of the other top finishes in ultra events over the past few years.
We talked about running at the World Championships, the Oil Creek 100, the Barkley Fall classic, and more during our chat today. Here are some of the highlights of today’s conversation.
- Favorite distance to race is 100 miles because “It’s short enough to be over in a day, if you’re lucky!”
- Once she got into running ultras, it snowballed and she kept running more and more of them
- The value of working with a coach
- Dealing with fatigue during a long race, both mental and physical
- Running for Team USA at the world championships
- The Barkley Fall classic–not for the faint of heart!
- Learning lessons from tough races
- Plans for the next year or so, and some bucket list type of races for the future
Don’t forget to sign up for the drawing for a free training program! Sign up at DizRuns.com!
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!