Mike Bell doesn’t mind running road races, but he has definitely found his home as a member of the trail running community.
There’s just something special about trail runners and the trail running community that Mike has been a part of, and I’m starting to which I could experience it as well.
Our chat today covered all kinds of topics from trail running, to heartbreak, to placing goals on hold but not giving up on them, to relocating and using the running community to help settle in to a new location. Here are some of the highlights of today’s chat.
- Feeling at home as a member of the trail running community
- Qualifying for Boston, having the rug pulled out from under him, and handling it way better than I would have
- His transition from “normal” runner to “crazy/ultra” runner
- His first 100 miler was as much mental as it was physical
- Harkening back to the Ras Vaughan episode, and keeping the door open on distances beyond 100 miles
- Running Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim in the Grand Canyon
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Interested in the 2015 Virtual Running Summit?
Please visit the summit page so I can share updates and information with you.
Join Me on a Live Webinar
Sign up/get more details by clicking here.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!